|DR. KIM, ONE OF LEADERS OF THE CENTURY
President Dr. Un Yong KIM was voted for as one of the leaders of the
century by the NOCs through a poll organized by the Olympic Review magazine,
said IOC letter of December 20, 1999.
PRESIDENT KIM RANKING
SIXTH IN WORLD SPORTS
President Dr. Kim ranked sixth in the list of world sports leaders for
1999, the Sport Intern reported on December 31, 1999.
EXCO MEETING IN LYON
WTF Executive Council will have its meeting in Lyon, France on April
13 before World Cup Taekwondo 2000.
WTF Medical Committee (Chairman: Dr. Dirk Jung) will have a meeting
on doping in Lyon, France on April 12.This meeting will give an overview
on IOCís fight against doping and medical support for Taekwondo players
in Sydney.The committee suggests team doctors of national teams to World
Cup Taekwondo 2000 to participate in the meeting.
9th U.S. OPEN
Deputy Secretary General Sang Kuen SONG attended the 9th U.S. Open Taekwondo
Championships held in Hawaii on February 2-6 as WTF Technical Delegate.
3rd WORLD JUNIOR TKD CHAMPIONSHIPS
will be held around November this year. The place and the exact dates
will be decided at the WTF Executive Council meeting on April 13. Presently,
Poland, Mexico and Ireland expressed their hope to host the event
31st IR REFRESHER COURSE
was held at the training center in Jinchun, Korea on January 25-29 with
71 International Referees attending from 50 nations.
Inaugural meeting of the World Anti-Doping Agency took place in Lausanne
on January 13. According to Lausanne Declaration, Anti-Doping Code of the
Olympic Movement came into effect on January 1. Under this Code, out-of-competition
testing becomes applicable through the entire Olympic Movement. A schedule
for implementation of testing will be proposed at the next meeting on March
* Mali: Malian Taekwondo Federation (President: Mr. Boubacar
Diouf) has become a provisional member of the WTF as of January 18, bringing
the total number of WTF members to 158.
c/o Comite National Olympique et Sportif du Mali, BP 88, Bamako, Mali
Tel: 223 22 5926/ 22 3187
Fax: 223 22 8351
top of right column
||* Chile: Another fax number of Federacion
Chilena de Taekwondo is 56 2 2371176
WTF ExCo Member Rodriguez Sanchez can also be contacted by e-mail at
* St. Vincent and the Grenadines: SVATG Taekwondo Association
tel/fax: 1 784 458 1823
e-mail: jbdrafting@ caribsurf.com.
* Norway: Norwegian Budo Federation (Mr. Henrik Hunstad: Chairman
of Taekwondo Section)
Servicebox 1 U.S., 0840 Oslo, Norway
tel: 47 21 02 96 00
fax: 47 21 02 96 01
e-mail: dag.Jacobsen @nif.idrett.no
* Jordan: Gen. Tahseen Shurdom was re-assigned as President of
Jordan Taekwondo Federation on Nov. 21, 1999. WTF ExCo Member Rtd. Brig/Gen
Majid M. Hussein was also elected JTF Secretary General.
* Greece: On January 30, Mr. Athanasios Pragalos was reelected
President of Hellenic Taekwondo Federation for 4-year term until October
* Belgium: Mr. Luc Sougne is new president of Union National
Belge Taekwondo for the year 2000.
Avenue Broustin, 77
1083 Brussels, Belgium
tel: 32 2 426 54 68
fax: 32 2 426 54 23
Mobile: 32 75 23 74 58
e-mail: lucsougne@hotmail. com
- 3rd Spain Open (March 3-5/ Valencia, Spain)
- 6th World University TKD Champ. (March 29-April 2/ Kaohsiung,
- World Cup TKD 2000 (April 14-16/ Lyon, France)
- Arabic TKD Champ. (April 26-27/ Kuwait)
- 13th European Senior TKD Champ. (May 11-14/ Patra, Greece)
- 14th Asian TKD Champ. (May 14-17/ Hong Kong, China)
- 4th Mexico Open (June 9-11/ Cancun, Mexico)
- 1st Chun Chon Korea Open (June 24-July 1/ Chun Chon, Korea)
- 1st International Womenís Open TKD Champ. (July 6-8/ Los Angeles,
- 3rd Chung Cheong Korea Open (July 13-15/ Chongju, Korea)
- 27th Olympic Games TKD (Sep. 27-30/ Sydney, Australia)
- 12th Pan Am TKD Champ. (tbd/ Puerto Rico)
- 6th African TKD Champ. (tbd/ tbd)